Firenze

Firenze

Thursday, September 16, 2010

l'ultimo uscita!

Buon giorno tutti,

Today was one of my last 'uscitas,' and we went to il supermercato! This uscita was so fun and I probably got more out of this one than any of the others. Once the group got to the supermercato, we paired into a group of two. We were given 15 euro and a grocery list for a recipe of some sort. My partner and I had to buy the ingredients for a fruit torte (which also happens to be my favorite sweet). Once we received our grocery list, we were set free to fend for ourselves. Surprsingly I was not nervous what-so-ever. I was actually pretty excited. I felt as if I could converse what I need to find more easily with the employees there. I was also able to read the signs for the different types of food.
Some differences I noticed when shopping in the supermercato:
-The store provides small baskets(like they do in america), but instead of having to lug them around, you could pull them behind you because they had wheels!
-When picking out produce one has to wear a plastic glove.
- After the produce is picked and put into the bag, you take it to a weigh station, ring it up and then you are given a sticker with the price.

I loved shopping in the supermercato because if I did have a question I could go up and ask an employee. They were very patient with me and very helpful. Also it is so exciting when you realize you know what they are talking about when they are giving you direction to an aisle!

Tomorrow we have our final for intensive italian. There are two parts: written and oral. It is going to be a challenge, especially the oral. Wish me luck!

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. It's soooo fun to read your blog! you include so much of the real experience that i feel that i am there with you! of course, i wish i were! :) you will do just GREAT on your finals. i love you! ~ your momma

    ReplyDelete